Uniform Rating: 6.89 out of 10 (Downgrade from previous set)
My first impressions are below:
- No black or gray jersey
- The blue & white jersey looks good.
- The number font is called 'torque' and I like it.
- The KENTUCKY Script on the jersey is nice
- The checkerboard on the blue jersey stands out like a sore thumb. Before it appeared like we were trying to mock Tennessee, now it appears we are trying to take over that pattern from the Volunteers.
- The lack of the checkerboard pattern on the helmet & pants does not make the uniform very uniformity.
- As much as I hated the black & gray uniform, they did drop them, but the Anthracite color is not any better. In fact, it seems to be a combination of both black and gray which equals crap in my book.
- The helmets looks to plain now. There should be a checkered stripes on all the helmets.
- The anthracite facemask looks horrible on the blue helmet. The only facemask the blue helmet needs is a white one.
- The new UK logo is atrocious and it looks like it was designed by a grade schooler. I mean why did the school feel the need to change something that was not broken drives me crazy.
- This logo would've been perfect:
- The new secondary Wildcat logo looks like it should be on the side of a helmet worn by a high school or FCS football team. When I first say it, I immediately thought of the New Hampshire Wildcats.
- Having a stripe on the pants is good, but that stripe should've been checkered to match the jersey.